The Premier League season may only be in October but that doesn’t mean that clubs aren’t planning their transfer dealings for the window ahead.
It’s less than three months until the January market opens for business and with teams reflecting on how they’ve started the campaign, it appears that a number of incomings and outgoings are already in the pipeline.
Players will also be taking stock of their situations at present with a lack of gametime or an upturn in form perhaps leading them to contact their agents ahead of a potential move.
What are the latest rumours and headlines? talkSPORT.com takes a look…
Gary Neville has suggest that there will be a few departures from Manchester United’s squad this summer which will leave a space for Haaland.
The star tipped to follow in the footsteps of the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi has a release clause that could be activated in the summer transfer window and United look set to to trigger it.
They reportedly held talks already this year as Ed Woodward the executive vice-chairman met up with Haaland’s agent Mino Raiola.
Neville told Sky Sports: “If Haaland becomes available next summer and they want to do a deal with his agent – which is the big thing with Haaland – then Manchester United should go for him.”
Liverpool, Chelsea and various other clubs had been rumoured to be interested in the Italian who has impressed all this year.
The Juventus midfielder though, according to transfer guru Fabrizio Romano, isn’t going anywhere as the club claim he is a “key part” of their project and therefore “untouchable”.
So any clubs will have their offers and approaches denied and it looks confirmed that the Premier League will not be seeing Chiesa anytime soon.
Ex-Liverpool teammate, Glen Johnson has urged Coutinho to make the switch from Barcelona to Tottenham.
The former full-back, has claimed that a move to Spurs over Arsenal would be his choice for the winger.
Suggesting that the Gunners “are struggling” and as Coutinho is “not in a great position”, a move to the red-side of North London “could affect him more”.
Johnson told Betting Odds, “Tottenham are going in a better direction than Arsenal.”
He added the Coutinho would be unattainable for the Gunners: “they can’t afford to have a luxury player such as Philippe Coutinho.”
However, the winger is also being heavily tipped for a move to Newcastle after their recent takeover giving them a wealth of transfer targets.
The French World Cup Winner hinted at a possible move to Juventus after the international side’s dramatic victory over Belgium in the Nations League.
Stoking the rumour fire, Pogba told the media: “I like Torino!
“I always speak with former Juve team-mates like [Paulo] Dybala. I’m in Manchester now, I’m under contract until June. Then let’s see. I want to complete this season at my best level, then we will see.”
However, France outlet L’Equipe had claimed Pogba, 28, is still keen to sign a new deal with his current Old Trafford contract set to expire next summer.
The midfielder is motivated to chase a long-term extension following the arrivals of Cristiano Ronaldo, Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho.
Liverpool may well be considering a move for Serbian wonderkid Dusan Vlahovic, but according to Calciomercato, Man City are leading the way with a reported £76m move.
The 21-year-old has been a key player for Serie A giants Fiorentina this season but recent contract talks are said to have collapsed.
The striker’s current deal lasts until 2023 and Tuttosport claim he rejected an extension that would have made him the highest earner in the club’s history.
President Florentino Perez has hinted that Real Madrid have secured a deal for Kylian Mbappe.
Mbappe’s contract at Paris Saint-Germain expires at the end of the season and has been linked with a move to Real for some time.
Perez told Spanish paper El Debate: “In January we will have news on Mbappe. Hopefully, everything can be sorted on January 1.”
However, Marca have added that Perez has backtracked slightly, adding: “My words were misinterpreted.
“What I said is that we have to wait until next year to hear from him, always with respect to PSG with whom we have good relations.”
Manchester United are considering a move for the AC Milan star, according to reports from CalcioMercato.
The 24-year-old has established himself as one of the best midfielders in Serie A right now and that has alerted Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his recruitment team to his services.
While opportunities for Kessie would be limited right now, it’s thought that a move for the Milan star would be with a view to replacing Paul Pogba.
The Frenchman is out of contract next summer and with no fresh deal yet agreed it seems that the Red Devils are planning for life without the 28-year-old.
Donny Van de Beek
The future of the Dutch midfielder appears to be far from certain.
Reports in the Daily Mail have claimed that Everton had tried to make a move to sign the player during the summer transfer window, however that deal didn’t happen.
It’s now being reported that the Toffees could look to offer him an escape route from Old Trafford during the January transfer window.
Van de Beek has cut a frustrated figure at Manchester United this term with first team opportunities proving hard to come by.