Former Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson tops the nation’s greatest irritations, according to a study, while Gemma Collins, Nigel Farage and Roy Keane don’t fare well either
When it comes to being a pain in the neck, no one induces whiplash better than Jeremy Clarkson.
That’s the conclusion of a mission to find the nation’s greatest irritations.
The Grand Tour host has been named Most Painful TV Celebrity in a study investigating social media for negative public reaction to telly stars.
Using “sentiment analysis”, researchers did an online trawl on posts for words such as irritating, annoying, cringe, embarrassing, pain and painful linked to big names.
And Clarkson, 61, gathered the most with a score of 90% negative sentiment. TOWIE veteran Gemma Collins was Most Painful Reality TV Star with 70%, while Nigel Farage was named Most Painful Politician with an 84% score.
Miranda Hart turned out to be no laughing matter as the Most Painful Comic with 77% negative sentiment, while Emmerdale and Married At First Sight lifted the gongs for Most Painful Soap and Most Painful Reality Show.
In the world of sport, the Most Painful Football Pundit was outspoken Manchester United legend Roy Keane
The famous names we find most irritating:
– Most Painful TV Celebrity – Jeremy Clarkson (90.7%)
– Most Painful Politician – Nigel Farage (84.4%)
– Most Painful Reality TV Star – Gemma Collins (70.1%)
– Most Painful Comic – Miranda Hart (78.6%)
– Most Painful Reality TV Show – Married At First Sight (76.6%)
– Most Painful TV Soap – Emmerdale (79.3%)
– Most Painful Football Pundits – Roy Keane (81.9%)